Friday 23 October 2015

Strawberry Champagne Bellini




Today is International Champagne Day. Something I have only just been alerted to but am happy to celebrate, after all it is Friday! 

So let's pretend for a moment that I'm a sophisticated lady, who enjoys bridge and wearing hats! (Actually I'm in yoga pants with unwashed hair, not even practising yoga!)

I dusted out the wine cellar and discovered a bottle of Moët, presumably gifted to me after a profitable exchange on the stock market.  Strawberries are in season and thankfully I froze some before they rotted away in my refrigerator!  


Champagne and strawberries are perfect together and with a hint of vanilla, you too will be sipping like a lady, while deciding on an outfit for the Spring Racing Carnival.

Ingredients
200ml Champagne - you could use any Brut, Prosecco or sparkling wine you prefer.
200gm Frozen Strawberries
1 tsp vanilla extract
Juice of Half a Lime
1 tsp sugar
Garnish - lime slice and fresh strawberry



Method
Add your ingredients to the TM bowl. 
Blitz on speed 9 for 20 seconds. 
Add more time in 10 second increments if the fruit is still in frozen pieces.
Pour into a champagne flute, garnish with a fresh strawberry and a slice of lime.





Ask the butler to clean up the mess and celebrate International Champagne Day in your finest high heels!





No comments:

Post a Comment