Friday 18 March 2016

Drunken Grasshopper

Kiss me I'm Irish! It might be a little late, but the sun hasn't quite set on St Patrick's Day yet. This is my favourite holiday. Not only does it give me an excuse for cocktails, but it's the only day of the year I can truly celebrate my red hair and freckled complexion!


Standard practise suggests you must consume something green and with potatoes, well vodka is kind of like potatoes and green is the colour of creme de menthe.  Must be a lucky charm.

In keeping with my frozen theme, I've elected to deviate from the normal Grasshopper you would find in cocktail bars all over town. My version is more like a frappe and I've doubled the alcohol content so you don't have to make another round, making more room for Irish Stew!


Ingredients
500gm vanilla icecream 
500gm ice
3 shots Creme de Menthe
3 shots White Chocolate Liquer (see my recipe here)
1 shot Peppermint Vodka
25-50gm thickened cream 
Chocolate flakes and mint for garnish

Method
Add ice cream, ice and alcohol to TM bowl.
Blitz speed 9 for 40 seconds.
After 20 seconds, gently pour cream, a tablespoon at a time until you have a achieved a milkshake texture.
Serve in a milkshake glass, sprinkle with chocolate flakes and add a sprig of fresh mint.


Disclaimer: Kiss Irish people at your discretion!

1 comment:

  1. Strawberry has been coveted since the Roman Empire and is the top flavor in several desserts and beverages today. Use Monin Strawberry Syrup to add the ever-popular strawberry flavor to all your beverages.Strawberry Syrup

    ReplyDelete