Friday 22 January 2016

Mango Coconut Daiquiri

Let it be known that I do not like Mango. True story.  

Perhaps it's the flashbacks I have of mango sap burns or the unmistakeable smell of decomposing mangos from my childhood but in my opinion, mangos are only good for juice (tropical juice that is ) 

But I am reliably informed that many of you do actually enjoy a mango for its taste and texture and I trust that this cocktail will be well received. Let me know what you think, because lets face it, I'm no expert on mango. 

To ensure that I actually drink this one, I've gone with a Coconut cream mixer and why wouldn't you.  Mango and Coconut go so well together that Weiss built its whole business on it! 

This might be a Weiss bar in a cocktail.  

 

Ingredients 
Daiquiri:
 350 gm ice 
 Flesh from 1 large mango  
 Juice of 1 lime 
 2 tablespoons raw sugar 
2 shots Coconut Rum
 
Coconut Layer:
50gm coconut cream 
 2 tbsp mascarpone 
 1 shot Coconut Rum 

 Shredded coconut for garnish   

Method 
 To make the daiquiri: Blend ice, mango, lime juice, 2 shots of rum and 2 tbsp sugar on speed 9 for 20 seconds. 
 Pour into glasses and set aside. 

To make the coconut cream : Without cleaning your bowl (Ain't nobody got time for that!), insert your butterfly attachment and add coconut cream, mascarpone half tbsp sugar and 1 shot of rum into bowl.  Whip on speed 3.5 for 30 seconds or until combined. 

Spoon cream into your glass and serve with a fresh mango slice and shredded coconut for garnish. 


*Edit: I did actually enjoy this cocktail despite my dislike of mango.  I can't say I'd rush out and buy mangos by the tray full, but I might collect a few from my backyard tree rather than let the dogs play fetch with them!    

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment