Tuesday 26 January 2016

Passionfruit Juice Concentrate

Honestly I'm surprised that I managed to hide these passionfruit from my family.  I have tried to test this recipe many times, only to discover that my stash of passionfruit have been swiped.

My vines are too little to produce fruit this season, but I'm fortunate that my local fruit store has an abundance of these little love machines at a price that doesn't make me feel dirty!

I've made this juice concentrated so that you can mix it with other juice or as a mixer.  I will set about creating a cocktail to share with you all soon.

Add it to your Punch bowl for Australia Day.




Ingredients
12 small Purple Passionfruit (about 1 cup of pulp)
2 cups water
2 tbsp sugar

Method
Scope out the pulp from each passionfruit and add it to your TM bowl.
Add 2 cups water and 2 tbsp sugar to bowl.
Mix on reverse, speed 4 for 1 minute.
Strain through a fine sieve into a jar or bottle.
Taste juice and add more sugar to your liking.



*Ensure your Passionfruit are ripe, even overripe and wrinkled. Like a good woman, they will only get sweeter with age!
Be sure to use reverse or you will have gritty juice.


No comments:

Post a Comment