Friday 26 February 2016

Chocolate & Raspberry Spider

Today's cocktail comes courtesy of a marvellous little blunder.  Having realised that I've run out of Vodka (eeeeek) I sent Mr Thermomix Me A Drink to the store to stock up.  In his all seeing wisdom, he elected to shake things up a little and grabbed the first bottle that looked right.  It was wrong! Instead of Vodka, he grabbed Whipped Cream Vodka.  Now I'm not one to nag (except on days that end in "y") so I've made the best of it.  And please don't tell him, but I actually think he got it spot on!

This week, I've been searching for inspiration and I stumbled across a recipe from www.maebells.com for raspberry red wine slushies with chocolate cream.  I'm not a red wine drinker, but I am a vodka fan and I'm also a big fan of raspberries and chocolate, so I've tweaked it a little and present you with my Chocolate & Raspberry Spider.




As well as vodka, I've used Chambord which is a Black Raspberry Liquer, seriously delicious.  I've also used a splash of chocolate Baileys and the combination tastes like heaven, not at all alcoholic.  You could omit all of the alcohol if you wanted and this would still be devine.

Ingredients 
Serves 2

60gm Chambord
60gm Whipped cream Vodka
150gm frozen raspberries
300gm ice
60gm lemonade

For the chocolate cream
125gm Cream
1 teaspoon caster sugar
1tablespoon chocolate powder or cocoa ( I used the YIAH Raspberry chocolate powder)
30gm Chocolate Baileys


Method
Add raspberries and lemonade to your TM bowl, blitz on speed 7 for 30 second.
Push the mixture through a fine seive to remove the seeds and set aside in the freezer.
Scrape as much of the seeds out of your bowl but do not rinse, this way you can flavour the cream slightly with raspberry.
Insert your butterfly and add cream, sugar and chocolate powder to your bowl.
Whip for 20-40 seconds on speed 3 until thick.
Add baileys to the cream and whip another 5 seconds to combine, speed 2.
Transfer chocolate cream to a bowl and set aside.
Rinse your bowl.
Add ice, vodka, Chambord and raspberry mixture to your bowl.
Blend on speed 10 for 20-30 seconds, until it resembles a slushie.
Pour into a milkshake glass that has been drizzled with chocolate sauce, top with chocolate cream and garnish with a raspberry.







No comments:

Post a Comment