Friday 19 February 2016

TGIF Margaritas

Thank God it's Frozen Maragaritas!

As I may have eluded to on Facebook a few weeks ago, February 22nd is a special day for me and many others. It is a celebration of all that is good in the world.  It is International Margarita Day.  Where we pause not for a minute's silence but a whole happy hour. Where we reward our hard earned thirsts with a frozen tequila slushie and say to hell with the calories. The day that screams to the world "It's 5 o'clock somewhere!"



Now I'm going to ease you in gently because I know that not everyone has a positive relationship with Tequila. Granted Tequila and I have had our differences, but now that I have learned to steer clear of cute bartenders and body shots, I think we have a mutual respect.


This recipe is for a Classic Margarita. One you can enjoy while shaving your legs and bitching about your boyfriend.

Ingredients 
Serves 2
3 shots Tequila (the good shit)
1.5 shots Triple Sec (or Cointreau if you've got money)
500gms Ice
Juice of 2 lemons
1 tsp Coconut Sugar 




Method
Add Ice, Tequila and Triple Sec to the TM bowl. 
Mix on speed 10 for 20 seconds.
Add lemon juice and coconut sugar.
Mix on speed 6 for 10 seconds.
Rim your fancy margarita glass with lemon juice and salt.





Stay tuned for the next instalment. 







No comments:

Post a Comment